Is Tech Swallowing Auto?: An Industry Influence Study
Luxury, safety, design, value and performance are all hot buttons in any discussion about marketing automobiles. But they pale in comparison to the influence of technology. And influence is the new currency.
This study, which was featured on AOL Autos and The Huffington Post, explores what is shaping influential conversations at the intersection of new vehicle purchasing and technology and identifies the major players in each category.
The results of this study may generate as many questions as they answer:
- Why is tech so dominant in the auto space?
- Which companies and executives are driving the influential conversations on automotive technology?
- Who are the thought leaders on topics like energy efficiency and connected car?Which OEMs are driving influence for themselves and/or brand partners?
- What does the future hold for driverless cars?
- Whose opinions are traveling the most (we refer to this as most “actioned”) in various automotive technology topics?The data for this study was collected between January and March 2013.